Adding a Class:
- When logging into Big Ideas Math for the first time, or you currently have no active classes, the Get Started pop-up will appear in the center of your screen. Click the Get Started button to create a class.
- Another way to add a class is through Class Management found on your dashboard at the top of the page. From Class Management you can access your current classes, as well as your previous classes. If you have created a class that has not started yet you will that class under the Upcoming tab on the class management page.
- After the Add Class button has been selected the Add Class pop-up will appear. From here you will name the class, select the grade level you are teaching, the date range that class will be active, and the book that will be used by the class. Once those required fields are complete you will click Add and your new class will appear under the Class Management tab of your dashboard.
- Once a class has expired, teachers do not need to delete the class or remove students from the class. Instead you can archive the class. This will allow you to still be able to access the data from the previous class(es).
Removing a Class:
- To archive a class, you will start from your Class Management tab on the dashboard. You will than check the box next to the name of the class(es) that you wish to archive.
- A warning box will appearing asking "Archive class confirmation" select Yes, Archive Class.
- You can still access any classes that have been archived under the Archive tab within your Class Management page.