To create a custom free response question, click +Create Question at the top of the assignment builder.
Select Free Response from the list of options on the left.
Essay with rich text
- Select to make an essay question.
- Choose from a selection of formatting options when drafting your question.
- You can assign a word limit and make it visible to students.
- Select to make short answer questions.
- You must assign a correct answer.
- Questions will be auto-
- Choose between exact match or any text containing.
- You can create additional correct answers by clicking the + to the right of Correct.
After creating questions click Next at the top of the screen.
Preview the question then scroll down and click Next.
You will be prompted to save your item. Select the program, book, and chapter. Tags are optional.
Click OK on the dialogue box or opt out of future messaging.
Retrieving Saved Questions
Go to the assignment creator.
Click on the tab with your name, select Questions and choose a chapter. Custom questions will be found in the chapter assigned when saving.